Survivors (Hull & East Riding) is a registered charity (number 1083535) dedicated to promoting the prevention of rape, sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and alleviating the distress and suffering experienced by those who become victims.
We are committed to providing a safe and accountable standard of practice and have been established in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire since 1996, and in Grimsby, N.E. Lincolnshire since 2009. We are fully insured for service delivery within our own area of expertise.
All our counsellors are professionally trained and qualified to degree level and registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and/or other similar governing bodies.
We are a member of The Survivors Trust and meet up with other members from the North East of England.
The charity has a management committee who are proactive in supporting the aims of the organisation. They meet regularly during the year to review finances and fundraising activities and monitor and evaluate our professional standards, practices and outcomes.
Our main resources are our therapists, volunteers and support staff but more importantly our clients from whom we learn so much.
We provide all of the following services regardless of age, ethnic or national origins, sexuality, religion or disability.
- Counselling, Psychotherapy, Clinical Hypnosis
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)
- Clinical supervision
- A rape crisis service for male and female survivors of sexual trauma
- Counselling, support, information and practical advice to partners, family members and friends
- A choice of either a male or female therapist
- Meridian Energy Therapy (EFT)
- Life Coaching
- Performance Coaching
- Confidence Building and Personal Development
- Help with Education, Employment Issues
- Training, Therapy and Clinical Supervision for Therapists
- Advice and Information Service